Here are a few great benefits:
1. Staying Partner allows you to appear calm externally (even though internally you may be plotting your escape or revenge).
2. Conscious responses under pressure, instead of unconscious reactions requires control, which means you have to use your grey matter to practise these skills (Alzheimer’s be gone!…Get practising!)
3. Diffuses conflict because amazingly when you remain calm in high stress, the person opposite will usually recalibrate their behaviour, even if they’re misbehaving!
4. You become an awesome role model for anyone observing the exchange (ie: children, colleagues, even in-laws!).
5. Staying Partner under pressure in the moment builds more Partner muscles which will increase your ability to do it more often in the future and bring more peace in your life.
And as the song goes, “What the world needs now, is love sweet love…”
Why not screen shot this list and refer to it as a ‘quick Partner payoff!’ – you may need to use it during the festivities!!!
I’ll leave you with this from Rudyard Kipling journalist, short-story writer, poet, and novelist.
If you can keep your head when all about you Are losing theirs and blaming it on you, If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, But make allowance for their doubting to; If you can fill the unforgiving minute With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it, And – which is more – you’ll be a Man, my son!Rudyard Kipling