Do you know someone who seems to be negative all of the time?
A person who always considers the glass half empty, can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel, wakes up every day on the wrong side of the bed?
I refer to these types as ‘The 5% Club’, truly dark clouds, determined to block your sunshine. Well you just keep on shining bright Partners because I have good news for you!
‘The 5% Club’ is the term I use for individuals who are always going to be miserable no matter what, meaning no-one can positively influence them! Years ago, before I mastered the Partner behaviours and attitude, I used to think that 50% of the world was in the 5% Club. Even an 8 year old with basic math skills knows that doesn’t add up!
What I came to realise is that when I would go Predator this encouraged the other 45% to remain Predator. Now that I live in the zone of Partner most of the time, I can truly say that there is only a very small percentage of the population I’m not able to positively influence.
The question for you is how do you manage a true card-carrying 5% Club member?
Here are my suggestions:
- Be sure that you’re showing up as a solid Partner. This way you know it’s not your behaviours or attitude that may be triggering the other person to misbehave.
- Make up a story to explain their misbehaviour. The story I tell myself is this 5%er may have endured very challenging circumstances in their childhood and as a result this is the best they can do. This will help you to not take their behaviour personally.
- Manage the situation as best you can. What I mean by that is move and speak slowly, respond calmly and concisely.
- Remove yourself from the situation as soon as it’s appropriate or get back-up to support you.
- Finally as a bonus and a way to contribute to their healing, send them an energetic bundle of love & positive, green vibes!
Good luck and happy partnering!